In more recent times wearable technology, such as smartwatches, has become increasingly popular.
These devices record and monitor data from your fitness activities such as; distance covered while running or walking, calories, blood pressure and heart rate.
Although there are different types of fitness trackers available, this method will work for most of the smartwatch brands on the market including the D13 Smart bracelet, FitMe watches, and Xiaomi Mi band fitness trackers.
These smart devices will measure running, walking distances, situp count, skipping count, calories burnt and also monitor blood pressure and heart rate.
Connecting your fitness watch to your smartphone will allow you to see your fitness stats and metrics both on your watch as well as track the progress from your smartphone.
This post presents an easy way to setup your fitness smartwatch and connect it to your smartphone for the best experience.
FitPro is a fitness app that is allows you to sync smartwatches and bracelets via Bluetooth. When connected to your smartwatch, FitPro can sync and detect fitness data as well as adjust settings on your watch directly from your smartphone.
- Open Play Store / App Store
- Search for ‘FitPro’
- Intsall FitPro
- Open FitPro and allow all the necessary permissions for the app to function (Notification, Location access)
- Register your FitPro Account
Connect your SmartWatch
- Go to ‘Set’ (in the FitPro app)
- Click on ‘Bind device’
- Select your Smart watch from the list of devices
- Once your watch is connected, it will automatically sync the Time and Date
Ensure your watch is close to your smartphone and that, your smartphone is connected to the internet. Also, check that Bluetooth is enabled on your smartphone.
Charging your Watch
The devices mentioned earlier can be plugged directly in a USB port on your Adaptor plug or on your PC or laptop.
- Detach the straps from the watch to expose the ‘USB end’,
- Connect to a USB port or Adaptor plug
Using your Watch
Scroll through your watch using the round Touch-sensitive spot. Long press to select an option.
- Track your running/walking distance in kilometres (You can change this to miles in the FitPro app)
- Monitor your blood pressure, heart rate and oxygen saturation
- Track your calories
- Track your Skipping and Situp counts
- Synchronize info with your smartphone
Although fitness trackers are beneficial, they may not always offer accurate readings. For athletic, fitness and other health-related concerns contact a health professional.